Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Whip Scorpion


Last night I discovered this lovely creature in my bathroom. I have had this kind of scorpion in my bathroom before and have always referred to it as the spider scorpion, as they look like some mutant combination of a spider and a scorpion... and im sure you all realize how much I love these scorpions for my love of spiders. These scorpions are quicker than the usual, so after this picture he died. I did a little research this morning to find out that this is what is called a whip scorpion, and is completely harmless to humans. They are actually more beneficial as they kill cockroaches and other little pests. I think I may stick to Mrs. Ethridges cockroach eradication methods of powdered sugar and baking soda than depend on these guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home