Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Karaoke

A lot of towns in Thailand may not have a market, any restaurants, or a place to find the necessities of life. But one thing every town in Thailand does have is a Karaoke bar. Thai's are crazy for Karaoke. This past week I had my midservice conference. Often times we had free nights. On one night we found this lovely bar strung with christmas tinsel and Karaoked it up! Here we are singing to the old favorite Desperado.







Here my friend Katie and I are singing along to Under the Board Walk.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Wes,
You refused to sing kareoke in America after my graduation party, and now you are taking your act around the world? LOL. I can only guess how the very large group of you sound. My guess is that is not good...LOL. Congrats on you new nephew by the way!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Wesley said...

OK....singing karaoke in Thailand is not an option. I have been ushered and forced to sing on stage many a time here. Its something Ive had to get used to. I would still rather do most other things if given the decision. And as you can tell by the picture...no we dont sound good...more like obnoxious, loud as you can be americans;)

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A singer after my own heart.. loud and obnoxious

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home