Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Fruit Carving

Fruit Carving is a very big artform in Thailand. They have contests all over the country for it. You always see beautifully decorated fruit and vegetables at nice resteraunts. Since I am on midterm break, and have a lot of free time on my hands, my friend Bom taught me the basics of fruit carving. I learned how to make flowers at least.













Here is our final product. This was a watermellon. Im going to try and practice this so I can get really good at it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Wes,
That is beautiful! When you return we shall have a fruit carving craft day!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew Amber would comment on this one......and I know she is probably sooooo jealous and can't wait for instructions on how to do...Miss Martha at work....hehe!!
But at least we'll all know who to call when we have parties and want to impress people..I am really impressed!!! GOOD JOB!!

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your watermelon is very beautiful! I want to come to the fruit carving craft day. It looks like fun.

3:54 AM  
Blogger Wesley said...

OK FRUIT CARVING CRAFT DAY FOR EVERYONE LOL LOL!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I have a great idea for the fruit carving. I want to have a big fun summer luau party and have carved friut everywhere!

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home