Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Weekend Market 1

This is my weekend market...meaning its only open on the weekends. I always go here even when I dont want to buy anything because its one of my favorite places to be in my town. It has such personality and so many interesting things to look at and buy. Here are a few examples...









Grilled baby bird...This one made me so sad when I first saw it...but they eat everything in this country. I mean if they eat grilled field rat and bugs...why not baby birds. One time I saw deep fried baby chicks.










Curry and chili pepper pastes...this is called Nam Prick in Thai. They use it on vegetables and foods when it doesnt have as much flavor as they want...very good, but very spicy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How far away is the market from your house? Do you ride your bike there? Do they just have food or do they have other things and no I don't mean flowers I mean like pottery or furniture, things like that???

8:26 AM  
Blogger Wesley said...

its like a 5 min bike ride and its just food basically

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home