Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Easter Kittens


Since it is midterm break, I am really bored. So today I thought I would get into the Easter spirit and made some Easter eggs. It was a whole morning project as I had to go and buy white eggs, food coloring, figure out the word for food coloring in Thai, and tissue paper (for the grass). It was a fun project.






Look what the Easter Bunny brought;) They are about a month and one week old in this picture. It was tough getting them to stay still and look at the camera for this picture. One more week and they are off to their new homes.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your eggs and the kittens are sooooooo adorable. I'm afraid you're going to really miss Thing 1 and Thing 2. Also I like your dish you have the eggs in, is that yours??

8:44 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

That is so cute! Your eggs look great, too.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Wesley said...

Yeah its mine...I bought it in northern Thailand. Its Lanna art, which comes from the far north of thailand, like chiang mai area. They use it to put these beautiful pots on for chili paste and things. Im totally into Lanna art.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

So how do you say food coloring and tissue paper in Thai?

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont know what tissue paper in Thai is, paper is gradahd...I just went to the stationary place to the paper section...but food coloring is "see prasome ahan" in Thai.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kittens have gotten so cute. Your eggs look really good. Shawn and I had a competition one year to see who could decorate their eggs the best. Shawn won of course.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home