Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Favorite Foods 2


This is the national dish of Thailand Pad Thai. I get this at my friends aunt's pad thai shop. She often times gives it to me for free as she is Christian and I have gone to church with her and am friends with her nephew. Her shop is famous in Kampangphet, and well deserving too because she makes GREAT pad thai. It is made with rice noodles, spices, egg, green long beans, sugar, and bean sprouts...then stir fried. For to go orders she wraps it in banana leaves for that extra special touch.




This is tofu red pork with cucumbers and sause. I get this at my local vegetarian shop. I often times will get tofu duck as well.











This is pumpkin curry. Its made with pumkin, curry paste, coconut milk, green long beans, some sort of tofu, basil, spices, and sugar...then boiled together to make a very yummy dish. I generally get this at my vengetarian shop too. The pumkins here are different as they are more squat than tall and are green on the outside. They are also not as hollow as ours are...so mostly pumpkin meat inside.

5 Comments:

Blogger EmPoT said...

hi!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

Hi! All the foods looks delicious :)

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The food looks interesting and I am glad you decided to post pictures of what you like to eat. I am excited and apprehensive both at trying some of these foods. It'll be interesting to see if I gain or lose weight while there.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wes,

The food looks delicious! When you get back you'll have to give me cooking lessons.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The food sounds like it would taste good, but some of it doesn't look too appetizing. I'm curious to see how your parents like it.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home