Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sukhothai Historical Park 1

Last weekend my friend Bom and I went to the province of Sukhothai to see the historical park there. We just went on a day trip. Below are some of the pictures I took there. The place was truely amazing, and hundreds of years old.















This was my favorite Buddha. It was inside a large stone square temple, which is very unique in itself, and had a slit in the front so that you could only see just the center of the Buddha. It was a very powerful image!













Here I am sitting in front on the hand that belongs to the Buddha statue in the picture above.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is just unbelieveable the size of some of these Buddhas especially the one where you are sitting beside the hand.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Is your hair even blonder?

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home