Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Good Bye Kanome and DaoHoo


This past weekend Kanome and DaoHoo went to their new homes. Kanome is the girl and it is the Thai word for sweets. The boys name was going to be Stevey, but their is no "v" sound in the Thai language. I suggested we changed his name and we thought DaoHoo was really cute, which is the word for Tofu in Thai. Giving them up was a lot harder than I thought, as I have really gotten attached to them. It made me think of giving up my own cats, when I leave Thailand, and that will be even harder!





Here I am with Kanome and DaoHoo on my shoulders. I liked to walk around with them on my shoulders a lot.












Here is Julia with her new child Kanome. She is one of the new volunteers in my province. She is living in the city of Klong Kloong, which is about a 45 minute drive from me...she is really great and I know we are going to become great friends!











Here is Bom with his new child DaoHoo. At least I can visit them when I want to. Goodbye...you will be missed!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure you will miss these little guys but will be nice that you can visit them. They are starting to take on more characteristics of Mr. Ruth.....you can see longer hair on them and their tail, etc.
But they sure are adorable....I HAD beautiful grandcats!!!!

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are so cute! I agree with your mom that they look more like Mr. Ruth now. Are you not bringing Mr. Ruth home with you next year?

3:51 AM  
Blogger Wesley said...

No...I figure a cat is a cat...I love him a lot, but it would be a lot of hassle and quarentining and he would just be unhappy. If I had a dog I would do it, as its a lot of work to train a dog...but cats a generally the same all over the world by nature. I will find homes for them before I leave so it will all be ok.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home