Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Sun After Dark


This past weekend I read Sun After Dark by Pico Iyer. Out of 5 stars, 5 being the best...I give it a 2 and a half. I hear that he is a fabulous writer, but this is apparently not one of his best, in my opinion. He is a travel writer. I really enjoyed when he wrote about some of his travels. He went to some very impoverished places and gave some interesting perspectives about them. He wrote about Cambodia, which I found very interesting as I will be going there with my parents in November. Each chapter was something different, so it wasnt one continuous story line. He wrote about his travels to visit some people, which I only liked one of those. He also gave his commentary on some books that had to do with travel, which I didnt like at all...I mean who wants to read a book with chapters all about another book. At any rate, its a good book to read if you are about to travel to a country like Cambodia, Haiti, or Bolivia...but other than that I don't recomend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home