Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Erewan waterfall




















While in Kenchanaburi with my parents we went on a tour that took us to some very beautiful waterfalls called Erewan. It is named after a three headed elephant because one of the waterfalls at this park looks similar to an elephants head. This place was absolutly amazing. It is the cleanest place in all of Thailand as when you walk into this national park you have to give a deposit of 10 baht for any waterbottles you have and you get the change back when you come back. This is so you dont throw your trash on the ground, which is common for Thai people to do. This waterfall had 7 different tiers. You hike along this path to see the different tiers of waterfalls. The water was so clear and crystal blue. It was amazing. You can even go swimming at the waterfalls. My Dad and I went swimming at the one called " The big breasts". You cant see it very well in my picture, but this waterfall is composed of two big rocks that look like breasts. My Dad and I had fun sliding down them as they made great natural water slides.Unfortunatly all of the pictures of him sliding down them are on my Moms camera. You will have to ask them to see it for more pictures. There are also lots of fish living in the pools of water. They kept nipping at my feet when I would be waiting around the rocks. My Dad liked this, but I didnt at all.

On a side note...there will be lots of pictures from November to come. I have so many that I dont want to overwhelm everyone with all of the cool things I got to do with my parents. So keep checking my blog because I plan to update it about twice a week for the next couple of weeks.

1 Comments:

Blogger JC Shakespeare said...

Wow! Gorgeous pictures! I really respect what you're doing. I'm a high school teacher in Austin, Texas, and I really wish my students would go do the Peace Corps before heading off to college. We'd have a very different world within a generation.

I mentioned this to your friend Emily, but my classes will be doing an internet cultural exchange project next semester, so if you have any connections to Thai high schools, please let me know!

Meanwhile, I put one of your waterfalls on my blog, Peace Meme. Hope you don't mind!

Check it out:

www.peacememe.typepad.com

later,
jc

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home