Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Left Behind

The second book I have read this week is the very popular Left Behind by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. I need to thank my sister for this one, as she sent it to me for Christmas. This is a story about the Rapture, in other words, Jesus coming back to take his rightful followers to Heaven. It is the first of a series of 12 books leading up to the return of Jesus Christ. Out of 5 stars I give it a 4. As it was very suspenseful, and I had trouble putting it down at times, it wasn't always wonderfully written. To be a little blunt, two older gentlemen wrote this book and it seemed like two older men wrote this book as well...a lot of the phrases and names seemed a bit out of date. For example, Hattie, Buck, and Rayford. But, I would definitely recommend this book and I look forward to continuing with the series with I get home. Unfortunately, I will not be able to add this book to the peace corps library as Eleanor decided to play with pages 67 to 74, which no longer are in the book. Just on a side note, in 5 days the date will read 06.06.06 .

As many of you have noticed, I am reading a lot more than usual lately. My portable dvd player, my only sorce of entertainment since I dont have a tv, completly stopped working. So I have no choice but to fill my evenings reading. I didnt like it at first, but actually am really starting to enjoy it. Im going to try and continue this and not watch television once I get home, except for Oprah of course! I am also turning into an old man and going to bed at 9 o'clock every night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wesley said...

I think I fixed the comment problem...so you can try and post now;)If I didnt...email me and let me know.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home