Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Monday, October 16, 2006

India 1


One of the great thing about being a Peace Corps Volunteer are the great holidays you get the chance to go on. The first two weeks of this month a fellow volunteer, Becky and I, went to India. Here are just a few of my pictures. This picture is in Dehli. It is a picture of the spice market.

These are bangals. Indian women will often wear many of these around their wrists. I particularly like this picture because of the homeless woman sitting behind this brighly colored jewlery. Its a perfect example of the amazing amount of poverty there.
This is a picture of boys bathing in the streets. If poor people are lucky enough to have homes, they may not have proper facilities inside. Many of the streets in Dehli had pumps on the streets for bathing.
This is a picture of Humayun's Tomb. This is the tomb of a Humayun. It is made out of red sandstone and white marble. It was really amazing.
Another interesting thing about India are the cows. There are cows everywhere! Cows are considered sacred here and thus not eaten or owned by anyone. They just roam the streets free as you please.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wes, I canot tell you how much I enjoyed your pictures of India. I have some friends from India and so I know a little about it. Your pictures and comments made it all become real for me. We miss you a lot so it is great to see your picture at these sites. Your folks are getting anxious to come over. See you when you get home.
Older than Cheerios.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Yeah! Finally what I've been waiting and watching for. Great pictures. Thank you thank you. Can't wait to see the rest in person. Love you.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home