Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Monday, September 18, 2006

The Great Train Robbery


This weekend I read The Great Train Robbery by Michael Crichton. It is based off of true events taken from Victorian England when the train was being developed. It is basically about an impossible one year planned out robbery that takes place in the mid 1800s. It uses a lot of cool criminal jargon, from that era in England. This is called the great train robbery because it was so impressive and such an impossible to believe happening, that it is just plain amazing, or great!...for that time period of course.
Out of 5 stars I give this book a 3.5. I dont know if it was me or what, but it took me a week to get into the first 20 pages of this book. After that I read it in 2 days. I had been putting this book off for a while, but am glad I read it. It was very historical and interesting. Its a decent enough read.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Sounds interesting. If you still have it, will you send it to me, please! Thanks!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home