Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister


The book I read last week was Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire. He is the same guy that wrote Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West. You may all know this title as they made a great musical based on the book, although I hear a lot of it doesnt take after the book. Im going to give a little shout out to that book, as I absolutly loved it, its a 5 out of 5. This book was basically the story of Cinderella told from the view of one of Cinderella's stepsisters. I really love Mr. Maguire's style of writing because he takes fairy tales with people you hate and tells their view points where you soon have empathy for them and somewhat dislike the normally beloved main character. This version of Cinderella is based in Holland. Its nice because it gives you some historical background about the country. I give this book a 3.5 out of 5. I really liked the book, so why a low score you may ask? Well, it took me half of the book to get into it. Wicked took a few chapters as well, but this book took far too long, which is partly why I didnt read more last week. Even though it was an awesome story, I dont think any book should take half of it to get into the story...yet it does need a lot of the boring bits and background so that the ending comes together. I would for sure recommend it, as I really like his style of writing. But, read Wicked first!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your wesleyinthailand.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home