Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Kite Runner


I just finished The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. It is about life presently in Afghanistan and life before the Taliban gained control. It has a basic storyline of a boy and his father escaping into America and later on going back to let some skeletons out of his closet, so to say. I cant say too much about it as it would give the surprises away.
I give this book a 5 out of 5. It is just an awesome book and I recommend it to everyone. I think it gives a much more positive light on the Afghani people, as its more the Taliban that are the bad people. It also tells how bad it is there and how much help is still needed. Definitely moving and just a great story. The first couple of chapters are kinda slow, but after that I couldn't put it down! I suggest everyone get a copy of this awesome book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home