Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Another episode of bathroom battles. On this week: Toilet Hose VS. giant lizard

Exhibit A


exhibit B















So last night I came home from Chiang Mai. I had wanted to take a shower and Eleanor was in the bathroom looking under the water basin. I thought... oh no, now whats in my bathroom. I started to take a shower and nothing came out from under the basin, so I just forgot about it. This morning I had to drain the basin, as sometimes dirt deposits start to form at the bottom...when a lizard, refer to exhibit B, about a foot long pokes his head out from under my water basin. Im was not sure how I was going to get him out of my bathroom. So I do the first thing that comes to my head. I get my toilet hose, refer to exhibit A, and moved the water basin a bit. I started spraying water everywhere trying to get this thing out of my bathroom. Finally, after about a half hour I manage to corner the lizard. I carefully open my bathroom door and blast it until it crawled into my kitchen. I then closed the bathroom door hoping that it wont be able to get back in. Final score: Toilet Hose 1, lizard 0.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Well done you lean mean lizard spraying machine! India is still awesome, but I'm ready to go home! :) LOVE YOU!

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wes
Sure am glad that lizard didn't make an appearance while we were there as I'm afraid you'd have had more than water to clean up off the floor if it had......hehe!!!
Love ya
Mom

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When your Mom and I were there to visit you last month you had a very disconcerning toad that would come out from under your water basin while we were taking a shower. After a few days we got used to him being in the shower and with us as we noticed he liked to come out during the morning. He always just sat there staring at us but not hopping around so we didn't pay much attention to him. Now I am worried that this viscious looking one foot long lizard has made a meal of MR. TOAD. Your approach to using the toilet sprayer rather than your earlier approach of using the toilet plunger to kill it shows your maturity and respect for those Thai critters that invade your space. I must say your patience and skill to not hurt that lizard but show that lizard the door was great. You must give yourself a pat on the back for gently encouraging such reptile to leave.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Wes -
Do those things bite. I would have just picked him up....then again lizards and snakes don't really creep me out.

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home