Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Doi Suthep

























The last day I was with my parents we did something every tourist to Chiang Mai does. We went to Doi Suthep. This is a mountain with a famous temple on top of it. To get to this temple you take a long winding song tau ride up the mountain. Doi Suthep is known for its famous snake stairs made of ceramic tile. Once you get to the top you climb these stairs up to the actual temple. There is a picture of my Mom and Dad in front of one of these snakes. Notice the many heads. There is a snake on either side of the stairs and its body winds all the way up the staircase. You see this type of snake on many temples around Thailand. Once in the temple there is a giant golden chedi and a model of the Emerald Buddha. There is also a beautiful view of the city of Chiang Mai from the top. My favorite picture is of my Mom in front of the Mom statue. There were these strange giant lizard statues in the temple that had a sign below them that read Mom. My Mom decided to bend down and make a face just like the lizzard. Luckily, she doesnt have to try to hard to look just like it! Haha just kidding...I love you Mama!

2 Comments:

Blogger JC Shakespeare said...

Once again, Wesley, stunning photos! You'll have to write a book when you're done in Thailand. Your mom looks like fun!

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wesley-

I do your Mom's nails, she gave me your blog site. The girls at the shop love to hear about your adventures. My boys loved seeing the pictures of the treehouse. How awsome!! They had to watch Tarzan.
Enjoy your upcoming adventures!

Your Mom's Nail Girl
(Lisa)

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home