Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Pad Thai Cookery School
























While in Chiang Mai my Mom and Dad and I took a cooking class at the Pad Thai Cookery School. There we learned how to make traditional Thai food such as mangoes with sweet sticky rice, pad thai, cashew chicken, green curry, and spring roles. For the vegetarians they taught us how to exchange all of the meat for extra vegetables and tofu and what you can exchange for flavor substitutes. We started out by going on a tour of a Thai market. This wasn’t especially interesting for me, as I do this all the time, but my parents enjoyed it and I did learn a few new things I didn’t know previously. Then we came back and spent the day cooking with an assortment of people from all over the world and two quirky and very funny Thai chefs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home