Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Monday, December 18, 2006

My Grandma dances Hip Hop



















Last week I had just sat down to a nice steaming bowl of mama noodles when my Yai, the Thai word for Grandma, came over to give me a bowl of fruit. I had just come back from Bangkok and had bought the new CD by the hip hop artist Fergy. She has this popular song out right now called fergilicious. Its a bit obnoxious, but I really like it. I think the title fergilicious should say it all. Anyway, I had just started playing this cd and she comes over and says " Oh I love to dance", walks over to my cd player and starts grovering her behind and waving her arms to the song fergilicious. Now she has come over to my house and started dancing before, when I had music playing, but this time it just seemed really funny. While trying to hold in my laughter, I wipped out my camera so I could get a picture of her while she was dancing.She may really annoy me sometimes....but she will often do something like this that will really make me smile! The funniest part is...she wasnt half bad. For an old lady, she can get jiggy wit it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wes
Now that would have been entertaining and as you said it would have to make you smile, Yai can be a lot of things but she is a sweet, sweet lady. Give her hugs for us.
Love ya
Mom

10:58 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Wes,
Fergalicious is pretty popular here right now, so I can only imagine what it was like to see the lady dance to it. At Shan's wedding, Chrissy's grandma danced with us for a while and I am sure the experience was similar.

2:25 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

PS - I am glad I can leave comments again

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home