Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Where the Heart is


Where the Heart is by Billie Letts is a story about a 17 year old girl who gets pregnant by her boyfriend and then they start a drive to California. In Oklahoma Novalee, the main character, has to use the bathroom so her boyfriend stops at Walmart and leaves her stranded there. She then lives at the Walmart until she eventually gives birth there. She becomes a star over night and makes friends that truely love her. She starts living and working in the town where she learns about friendship, life, and love.
I Loved this book! I couldnt put it down. I give it a 5 out of 5. It really reminded me of home a lot. Its so personal and so well written. I felt like I really knew the characters and feel like Ive known people like them in the states. I think anyone can identify with the people in this book....Its a great read!

1 Comments:

Blogger thailandchani said...

Loved that book, too! See if you can get your hands on the movie. BTW, anything by Billie Letts is worth reading. :)

Peace,

Thailand Gal
~*~*~*

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home