Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Jan and Leo visit!

This past weekend my german exchange partner from high school, Jan, and his girlfriend Leo came to visit me. I was really excited to see them as this was the first time to meet Leo, after hearing about her all year. Since there isnt much to do in my town, we took a day trip to the province of Mae Sot, which is about three hours from my province. We were in a city right on the border of Burma. You can see Burma in the background of a few of these pictures. This city also had a very large Muslim population, so we had really great Muslim food .


This is Jan and I in front of a guest house. I was attracted to these bright red and gold chinese shirts, so we both bought them and decided to wear them together. I forget what his shirt says, but my shirt says expensive..haha.







Here Jan and I pose in front of Burma with some giant tooth picks in our mouths. There are also some Burmese refugees to our left, trying to sell cheap goods.









Here the three of us are sitting in front of Burma. It was such a nice weekend and I was really sad to have it end and leave the two of them. Oh well, another time and another country, as it always is with Jan and I.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

In your matching T-Shirts, you and Jan look like some sort of International pop stars. I bet you two stuck out like sore thumbs in your bright red T-shirts with your blonde hair. It's kind of funny.

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Wes, it is so good to see Jan and it was good to finally put a face girl we kept hearing about. Good to see you all together once again. Bet you had fun!!!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you look great, as always, expensive lol. Im glad Jan got to come see you thats fun looks like you all had a great time I do like your shirts though find me one that says noble lol miss ya

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home