Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Great Gatsby

Yesterday I read the book The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It is about a man who finds his way into a wealthy group of friends in the early 1920s. He reunites with a cousin and her husband and makes friends with his neighbor Jay Gatsby. Gatsby is in love with the narrators cousin Daisy, who is married...and everything is going swimmingly until "the shit hits the fan" or so to speak. I give this book a 4 out of 5. The beginning didnt keep my attention that well and I sometimes got lost in thought in the descriptions. But the second half of the book was great...thats where the real action takes place. A good quick read that everyone should read...its a classic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home