Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Anna Karenina


I have finally conquered the book Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, who is the writer of War and Peace. I say conquered because the shear mass of this book is amazing. This is the largest book I have ever read. This book is about two completly different love stories that are started by the same unifying event of love almost lost.

I feel that anyone who has ever been in love, been married, been spurned by love, or is planning to get married would really enjoy this book. Even though it was written in the late 1800's and is translated into English from Russian...it is so well written and compelling that it is very prevelant and an interesting read in todays society.

I give this book a 4 out of 5. I would give it 5 out of 5, but I feel its just too long. Its over 700 pages with print almost the size of print in the bible. But if you ever have a lot of free time on your hands you wont be upset you picked it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home