Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Water Buffalo


All over Thailand you see these delightfully dumb creatures known as water buffalo. The word for water buffalo in Thai is Quai. In old times water buffalo were used for helping in field work. They have now mostly been replaced by machinary and are only used for food. I really like these creatures because sometimes they will make their heads and backs really flat. They are really fun to watch swimming in the ponds and rolling around in the mud. I usually dont have my camera on me when I see a water buffalo and was very excited when I saw one today on my way to the university to upload pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home