Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Friday, July 14, 2006

PIG FACE


This is exactly what you think it is....a pig face. They really do use every part of the pig and Thailand, as pork is the main meat eaten in Thailand. Pig faces are generally used for one of two things. First, you will sometimes see them at temples used as an offering to the spirits. Secondly, they are sometimes boiled down and turned into whatelse...a dip! When I was told this I laughed so hard and the Thai person didnt understand why I thought this was so funny. I saw this pig face in the village of Klong Pi Krai where my good friend Becky lives. We were really bored so we made up a song about pig faces. This song uses the tune Go Go Go Joeseph from the musical Joseph and the technicolor dream coat......
Go Go Go Pig Face we know where you are. Down at the Talahd(Thai for market) just like a star. You have no body, only a face, not even a head to display your grace. There was more but I cant remember the rest. Yes, peace corps volunteers really do have no lives and like to do things like make up songs about pig faces to pass the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home