Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Angels and Demons

Today, I finished reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. This book is about what can happen when a deadly anti matter bomb is placed in the Vatican during a conclave for the Pope. Its a wild chase with very little time that left me constantly on the edge of my seat.
I give this book a 4 out of 5. Even though it was really good, and I read it very quickly, I felt I was reading The Davinci Code only in a different setting and a different plot. I feel like Mr. Brown found a style that fit him and basically molded many books from the same plot...not to say it isnt good because I loved it! It was also a little too fictiony( is that even a word?) for my taste. If its going to be this crazy I like there to at least be more of an element of fantasy than was actually written in. Although, I did learn a lot about the Vaticican, great art, the papacy, and anti matter. Over all its a great book and a good read.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home