Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

A Home at the End of the World


Yesterday, I finished A Home at the End of the World by Michael Cunningham. It is about three unlikely people who fall in love with each other, have a baby, and move from New York City to the Country. It also talks about their parents, one of the boys's mother being a main character. The initial setting is in Cleveland Ohio...which I loved because a lot of the places and people I could totally see in my head. The book is also set in the 70s and 80s.
I give this book a 5 out of 5. I could not put the book down and it absolutly goes into my list of favorite books of all time. Even though I LOVED it I would not recommend this book to just anyone. I feel its pretty liberal and someone deeply conservative would probably not enjoy this book, as it has a lot of unconventional characters. Think the musical Rent. If you didnt like that then you wouldnt like this book...if you loved it you would probably love this book. But then again, the writing is lovely, so I could be wrong.
My favorite quote from this book..." They were Ohio hip". All of my friends back in Ohio can definitly identify with that quote and understand it. Not exactly negative, yet not entirely positive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home