Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Interesting things to buy at the Festival


This was at an Indian stand. These are some Indian god statues made out of candle wax. They are wrapped in plastic so they are a bit hard to see, but I thought they were intersting.











This is the hot chesnut stand. This lady thought I was strange for wanting to take a picture of her and her chesnuts.













Arn't these orchids beautiful. They always sell lots of beautiful orchids when ever their is a festival in town. I am always tempted to buy some, but I would probably just kill it.










These are fried bird eggs, but you can buy just the eggs as well. They have a cute little fryer for them. My friend Bom loves them, but I think they are Kai Yuck Kai Yan...which means yucky in Thai.










This is Canome Booung. Its a little Thai pastery. The first time I saw this I thought it was a little taco with sour cream and cheese, and was disapointed to find out it was a sweet with cream and something saturated in corn syrup that is misleading for cheese. They are pretty tasty though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Very pretty...they look like something on Iron Chef. Do you eat the shell thing they are in?

3:45 AM  
Blogger Wesley said...

yes, you eat the whole thing

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home