Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

AIDS/ Leadership Camp 4






















Picture 1: At the end of the camp the health teachers of the schools that came, the nurses, and the students all sat around to make plans of how they were going to take the information they learned with them back to their schools to teach their peers.

Picture 2: Each school got up and presented to the other students when, how , and what information they were going to teach to the schools. Some schools decided to teach in their health classes and some schools decided to have day camps similar to this one.

Picture 3: This is a picture of Becky, P. Keeow, and I. P. Keeow is the nurse in charge of the HIV/AIDS program at the main hospital in my province. She was an awesome and indespensable helper for this program and without her Becky and I couldnt have made it what it became.

Picture 4: This is a picture of all of the students at the camp and a few of the facilitators and nurses.

I am so happy with the turn out of this camp. I dont think I could have asked for it to go better. Everyone told us how impressed they were and happy we did this camp. In a few weeks the kids will teach the information they learned at their schools. The nurses, Becky, and I will go and help them...or just observe. Im really kind of sad this camp is over after months of planning...And in the words of Becky......." Wesley, what will you and I have to fight about and put termoil into our relationship now that we dont have anything to work on together?" My answer...." Nothing Becky, its just pure love from here on out;)"

4 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Wes,
I am glad that the camp went so well. It sounds like a really effective idea to teach the students to teach others! I also have some fresh ideas for games at my next party :) J/K Hopefully you can relax a bit now!

9:27 PM  
Blogger KateMV said...

Congratulations Wesley! This looks like an awesome camp.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Bob and Carol said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Bob and Carol said...

Congratulations!!! We love what you did and know the hard work that goes into the planning of a camp to insure that everything goes smoothly! You should be proud, exhausted, and relieved!!! Would love to exchange ideas!--Bob and Carol

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home