Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Good-Bye Anuban Prankratai




Thursday was my last day at school, and my last day at Anuban Prankratai School. I arrived to find that all of my students were waiting in the auditorium. Each student gave me a rose, cards, and sometimes gift. It was really so very nice. I then made a speach telling them how much I love them and how I will really miss them. I will really miss this school. This is because I have gotten to know these students and these teachers the most. Its the only school I stayed at for the two years of my service, and the one I was at the most. It will always hold a place in my heart. So around noon all of the teachers took me to a place for a goodbye lunch. On the wall read...Goodbye Mr. Wesley Have a time good so long. I looked at it for a moment, thought thats nice, and sat down when my co teachers jumps up and changes it to say have a good time haha. You know Ive been here too long when I dont think anything of signs in Tinglish. Notice, the carved Native American head above the sign..a little out of place huh? At the end of the dinner the school gave me a king dress shirt that generally only principals or important male teachers would wear. This shirt is made of thick polyester, has giant shoulder pads in it, and is bright yellow. They asked me if I liked it, "oh I love it, its just wonderful" I said. Then they asked me if I could wear it in America...I said "of course I can". What I didnt tell them was that I can probably only wear this shirt as a halloween costume. Well, its the thought that counts. So ends my teaching in Thailand. Its been a long journey, but one I will take with me for the rest of my life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wes
That shirt is beautiful!!!! It would be a beautiful shirt to have if you decide to do what Dr. John suggested and put your name in as a translator for the State Dept. You could wear it then.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home