Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

I LOVE YOU ELEANOR!


So this blog is about one of the most important things in the whole world to me and something that has been with me for most of my expereince....my blue point siamese cat Eleanor. I have to first recap my story of Eleanor. I got Eleanor from a siamese breader when she was 6 months old. She had been kept in a dark cage with several other cats. For the first 7 months of her life she was very timid and wouldnt let anyone touch her. She didnt even like to be in the same room with other people. Then last April, I think it was, she gave birth to two beautiful kittens. I had decided that after she finished nursing I was going to find a new home for her. So I gave the kittens away and litterally the next day she became incredibly loving. I dont know if it was the knowledge that she was going to be leaving or if it was just a chemical change, but she became the sweetest cat. This all happened at about the same time Mr. Ruth stopped coming inside and adopted my land lords family, so she became my real baby. She follows me everwhere, every time I sit down she jumps up on my lap or sits down beside me, and the one that sleeps with me every night. She is always there to calm me down and just be with me after a hard day, or any day. Tomorrow, she is going to go and live with Becky. I had played with the idea of taking her home with me, but decided it would just be too hard on her. She is the love of my life and I am going to miss her soooo much! I love you baby!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww so sad. I couldn't leave her id be crying so bad. Well you get back im gonna get a dog in april i think so we take you to get a cat not that is will ever replace her
i miss you, but not for long

4:43 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Wes, nice blog, too bad I didn't know about it when you first got to KPP. I talked to one of my former students today and told him you'd been there and that I'd find out who was still there so he can connect. Great that we finally met at dinner on Friday. We're now in LA on our way back home to Anchorage next week.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes it's so sad and this is a very beautiful picture. I gonna cry when i read this passage cause i really know how much you love her,Eleanor.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home