Wesley In Thailand

I am currently serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Thailand. This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here do not represent those of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Friday, March 16, 2007

The real Goodbye party




So this past week my Co-teacher Ajjan Kanong organized a goodbye dinner for me with both co-teachers, his family (who I knew pretty well), my supervisor who retired in October, and my landlord Dr. Samboon and his wife who I call Bah or Aunt. It took place down at the Ping river and was just wonderful. It was a lot of good conversation and we all said good things to each other. In the end they gave me...of course, more flowers. Thus, I can now open my house up as Wesley's flower shop because of the hundreds of roses that are sitting in my house. The evening was really wonderful and a perfect ending to my relationship with them. I will go over to their houses and say goodbye one more time, but it was really nice to have them all together with me before I leave. These are a lot of the main people that really made a difference in my experience here. We had a lot of great conversations and they made me frustrated on many occasions, but in the end I really am sad to leave them. I may have only worked with them or been their neighbor, but its hard not to form a relationship with people after two years of being with them. Saying goodbye is really hard.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wes
How come Yai wasn't invited? Other than that it looks like a wonderful party, was it at the same restaraunt that we went to on the river? What is the really pretty jar type thing on the table (it is red and white), is that something food was in or was it a gift?

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home